I'm just going to post my notes in the comments as I usually do. Using reviews to post the detailed notes was an idea I wanted to try out but ultimately found unnecessary.
- Messes can spawn on islands, including on the lake on water islands, being unreachable.
- Settlers will often refuse to harvest, regardless of job set.
- Sometimes the type of resource doesn't match the node (such as blue berries in the stone-looking mineral nodes).
- Flipping pieces no longer seems to work.
- Water nodes have an opaque box appear when ordered to be harvested, other resource nodes have no indication of being the target of a harvest order.
- I don't believe it is currently possible to cancel a harvest order, being able to would be nice.
- I would advise having at least one food and water container be required like the mineral and gold containers, considering ships now use minerals to build, forgetting something like that could be very annoying.
- Previously the required gold and mineral containers vanished after being used up, which could result in unintentionally building too much, forgetting to build a resource storage and therefore not being able to store any resources, resulting in being stuck.
- Now pieces of the ship can be deconstructed as a last resort but it still isn't preferable.
- I would suggest allowing for a free construction of each of the container types upon leaving the ship build menu, better compartmentalizing the furnishing and the ship constructing processes.
- The current starting budget doesn't allow for much of a ship past a floating platform, maybe doubling or tripling the starting minerals to allow for a small, but decently nice ship hull and some basic, necessary furnishing.
- Instead of "[piece]" and "[piece] inverted" starboard and port would be clearer and free the word "inverted" for use with actual inverted pieces to help with smoothing the ship's shape.
- Ability to toggle engines if you want to conserve crystals and don't mind a reduced speed.
- The tutorials are nice, although a "hide tutorials" button for if you decide you get the gist of it would be good. Would be especially useful to allow for repeated viewing (in the event of a return after a break and not remembering the specifics) while also allowing easy opting out.
- A ? button on the boxes to reshow that box's info would also be advisable and nice.
- Being able to move all furnishings would be a nice feature, although not a necessary one.
- With that said, I do feel that containers should be moveable, due to the nature of needing to store minerals and getting stuck if you deconstruct all of the containers.
- Messes spawn pretty frequently right off the bat, making it a bit annoying considering you start with a single person who also needs to build, mine, farm, and everything else until you get more people.
- The engines are a welcome addition for world building and ship function reasons.
- The clouds and improvements to the day/night lighting are very nice looking.
- The red "can't place here" zones for the length of the position of the dock points are very helpful.
- Ship pieces using minerals to build was a logical decision, although this makes my dreadnought dreams less immediately achievable (but that's okay. I should have to work for it).
- I suspect that this is already planned, but different costs depending on the volume of the piece would make sense.
- A blueprint system (similar to the one seen in Cosmoteer) for planning out changes ahead of time would helpful.
- Not fond of the return to the linearity of the island placements to be honest, makes it feel less like a world to explore and navigate around in and more like a path to travel.
- Being unable to travel to previously-visited islands further makes it feel constrained. Like they are just places to use up instead of something significant to the world that you are a part of.
- Needless to say, I appreciate the new save system.
- Do the required gold and mineral containers still vanish after being used up?
- Are the engines automatically fed crystals?
- If yes, then...
- ...will they require settler labor later?
- ...do they need to be placed directly beside a storage container?
- Does/Will the location of the engines on the ship matter?
Another update, another step forward. Keep it up!